Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This post doesn't have a cool name, unless we call it "Octavia"

I am so very delighted. It's Tuesday evening. I spent tonight writing on my lap top next to my husband as he watched a military film on the tube. Our feet shared space on the ottoman I move back to its place in front of the chair fifty-million times a day and yell, "Stop rearranging the furniture!" Of course, we moved it in front of the couch for the evening, but that is so very far beyond the point, I'm not even sure why I brought it up.

Today is Tuesday and on this day I attend a fantabulous critique group. I know all my most recent blogs have been about critique groups, but I seem to have become addicted. In my addiction I am writing like crazy, and paying attention to call-outs I may have otherwise ignored,  just so that I will have something to receive critique advice on. It sounds so strange, but I love hearing what other people think of my work. It is simply -----educational. There is no other way to put it. I read something I've created, that did not exsist before I made it, then go around a room and let 9 or 10 people talk to me about what I just read and I get 9 or ten amazing opinions.  

I love it. I have a piece I want to submit to Not Your Mothers Books and I read it today at critique. I sat down this evening and after reviewing each critique I made changes to the piece. They all worked and they all improved it. Right now it has been set to breathe a bit while I move on to other things. I have so many stories and essays I want to write I may need to hire a babysitter to get through them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment