Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back from the Future

For years, I worked at a law firm where our biggest client had thousands of cases on court dockets. I noticed years flying by faster than I thought they should. Sure, I was getting older and all that jazz, but I began to think the feeling of time whizzing by was because I constantly worked months into the future. Everything I did was for an upcoming court event.

Recently I've been concentrating on events for a group I help organize that will take place during the Fall time-period. My summer is over before Memorial Day has even passed when I work on these things.

Today I decided to put all my "work" aside and work on painting a mural I've been planning in my home for a very long time. While I was painting I realized how grounded and in the present I felt. Each stroke was happening as soon as I touched the brush to the wall. Now those strokes are there for as long as the mural lasts. They were part of the present, and now they are part of the past, not the future.  

1 comment: