Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

YAWN | STRETCH | YAY!!!

Oh My! 29 days ago I was warned that by this day I would be so ready to get my novel out of my face but, I didn't believe it. While I was writing I couldn't imagine how I could ever want to put my novel away. Of course I would want to write and write at it until it was perfection.

Ya, right.

I'm not sure how it happened, but it did. I think it was around day 25 or so. I'd written every single day until then, even if it was just 500 words or so. I was ahead and happy to have a bit of a break for Thanksgiving, and then... I didn't write, and I didn't write and I didn't write. I complained to my husband about it. I surfed the net for the first time in nearly a month.

Then, I feared.

I feared the spark was gone. What had been such an amazing story a few days before suddenly wasn't there. I was scared. I made myself sit down yesterday and write a couple thousand words. I made up a scene I hadn't outlined and I liked it. My spark was back. Today I needed only 500 words to be a "winner" and trust me when I say that as excited as I was to be winning, I was equally excited that I never had to look at the piece again if I so chose.

I really think I've written something good, so I will look at it again, but for now... whoooo! Next time I see that person that gave me that warning I'll have to let them know that they told me so. The best move I think I can make for my novel at this time is to close the file and not open it again until next year. I love the story, I love the plot, I know I love many of the scenes I wrote, but right now I can't bare the thought of having to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment